Subscribe by RSS or Email
Blog Talk Radio Show: How Does Psychotherapy Heal?
Dr. John Deri’s next Blog Talk Radio Show: Healthy Mind and Body will be on Wednesday, January 6, 2010 from 8-8:30 PM PDT.
The topic of the episode will be: How Does Psychotherapy Heal?
Psychotherapy is a wellspring for new beginnings. At the beginning of a lifetime, the infant forms its first relationship with its mother. The quality of this first human bond will profoundly influence the nature of the child’s subsequent relationships. This assertion is a central tenet of the school of psychology known as attachment theory.
During the Blog Talk Radio Show Dr. Deri will discuss:
(1) The four distinct patterns of attachment: secure, anxious, avoidant and disorganized.
(2) The effect of an infant’s mode of attachment to its mother on the quality of that individual’s subsequent relationships.
(3) How trauma and neglect lead to disturbances in attachment.
(4) How the mother’s own early life attachment history serves as a medium for the transgenerational transmission of trauma.
(5) How does psychotherapy heal?
To listen to the show you can:
Dial the phone in telephone number at (347) 989-0560
Tune in to our online channel at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Healthy-Mind-Body